Best Water Table For Kids – Compared And Reviewed
Table of Contents
- 1 Best Water Table For Kids – Compared And Reviewed
- 2 Our Top Rated Best Water Table For Kids – Reviewed
- 2.1 Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water table
- 2.2 Little Tikes Spiralin Seas Water Play table
- 2.3 Step 2 Paw Patrol water table for kids
- 2.4 Step 2 Wild Whirlpool
- 2.5 Step 2 Big Splash Waterpark
- 2.6 Step 2 Water Wheel Table
- 2.7 Step 2 Finding Dory Swim And Swirl
- 2.8 Step 2 Duck pond
- 2.9 Little Tikes Fish N Splash Water Table For Kids
- 2.10 Step 2 Rain Showers Splash Pond
- 2.11 Step 2 Dino Dig Water Table For Kids
The best water tables for kids are very popular with young children today. These fun tables started out as a small pool of water which children could scoop into buckets and float boats and toys on. These water play tables have now become ready-made entertainment centres with lots of exciting features that are sure to entertain toddlers for hours.
Some are themed with the current films best characters, pirates, fish and lots of exciting creatures. Others have slides and catapulting platforms, spinning wheels and water-wheels that rotate and create waves. The best Water tables for kids are brilliant for younger children to begin to become involved in fun hands-on activities.
It is important for children to develop the skills necessary to grow and learn and to be able to gain knowledge through touch and experimentation with the water and moving objects on a water table. These skills help a child to avoid dangers in everyday life and to learn how different objects react to movements. Feel and touch are the best was of allowing a child to express themselves and connect with new objects.
to learn and explore
The laughter and joy a child experiences when something they do influences movement or a sound or new outcome is such a great moment for a parent to witness. Whether you are looking for the best water tables for toddlers or a sand and water play table, these tables are the ultimate fun activity, you have toys, water, spinning wheels, slides, towers, fun themes, characters and the perfect environment for your child to learn and explore their sensory skills.
We hope you will find a product, that your children can enjoy playing with, from our list of the best water tables for kids available.
Our Top Rated Best Water Table For Kids – Reviewed
1Little Tikes Anchors Away Pirate Ship Water table
Our Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.9/5
[easyazon_image align=”none” height=”500″ identifier=”B00B0DWB62″ locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41FqufVzvVL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”490″]
click image to view price on amazon
[easyazon_cta align=”none” identifier=”B00B0DWB62″ key=”wide-orange” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]
Why Buy the Little Tykes Anchors Away Pirate Ship ?
- Great looking fun pirate theme
- Lots of highly interactive activities
- Water squirting Cannon
The fun really begins when water is scooped into one of the colourful buckets and poured into the crows nest at the top of the ship. This spins the colourful rotating object attached to the centre of the mast and causes turbulence in the water giving the effect of there being waves and that this kids water table is really the ocean.
We highly recommend this Little Tikes pirate water play table because they have taken great care in producing a wonderfully themed product for kids that will make your children smile all day long, or at least until it’s bedtime and you are suddenly big bad captain hook stopping the most wonderful adventure they have ever had.
the cannon doesn’t squirt water very far unless it’s full
The most challenging aspect of this pirate ship is that people find is the assembly process. There is also only one boat so you may want to buy some cheap plastic boats so that all the children can have one.
The cannon doesn’t squirt water very far unless it’s full. However, these problems don’t discourage us from recommending this product as there is enough variety to really help a child explore, pour water and learn. We love the pirate theme which is why we rated the little tykes anchors away pirate ship as our favourite themed table and one of the best water tables for kids that includes great theming.
- If your child doesn’t want to pour water into the top of the crows nest, at the bottom of the mast ( crows nest ) is a green pump which when pressed by your child will allow water to travel up and out of the top of the crows nest. And flow like a fountain.
- Some users of these products suggested they had gone against the recommend use advice and put this product outside. Although under supervision this is possible we would recommend it stays inside because outside the legs can become unstable and it is quite lightweight and may blow over in the wind.
- If you are going to store this kids water play table in your garden please cover it to try and decrease the discolouration that is likely to occur over time. If you aren’t able to cover it I’d suggest you undo the plug so it doesn’t fill with stale water.
- This can also be used as a water and sand table
- We noticed a few people who purchased this product has missing parts or parts broke within a few weeks. Having researched this product and a lot of reviews this happens very rarely and if this happens we’d suggest you contact the seller asap to resolve the issue.
- Assembly of this pirate water play table requires a screwdriver.
2Little Tikes Spiralin Seas Water Play table
Our Rating ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 4.8/5
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”480″ identifier=”B004INDQWY” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41sF86rgDL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B004INDQWY” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
Why Buy the Little Tikes Spiralin Seas Water play table ?
- Slide balls down the fun spiral water slide tube
- Catch floating balls with exciting ferris wheel water wheel
- excellent interactive wheels & activities
We have chosen the Little Tikes Spiralin Seas as one of our recommended best water tables for kids because we love the fact that you can throw the balls into the spiral water slide tube, even the adults enjoyed it. The see-through blue tube offers a visually impressive spectacle when the green blue and red balls speed round and round and splash into the water below. Your children have the exciting challenge of trying to scoop them onto the awesome wheel feature.
Children need to turn the handle which rotates the 4 egg cup shaped ball holders. It is easier to place the balls on here, but you can sometimes catch them as they float past, improving your kids hand-eye coordination skills. As the excitement and laughter increase, often the handle will be turned so quickly that the balls will fly off into the water. Kids will enjoy the splashing balls but if they want them to stay on they will have to turn it slowly. This feature also creates a rapid current around the water table
lots of children to play at the same time and improve their social skills
Overall we love the fact that the three main interactive elements on the spiralin seas water table work really. They allow for lots of children to play at the same time and improve their social skills. We found that kids most enjoyed throwing balls into the spiral tube and they also felt a great sense of achievement when they captured floating balls on the water wheel. The colourful floating balls also have a smiley face on and kids love the fact that they can squirt water from the balls at their parents or into the water!
- The funnel feature sparks enthusiasm in children who love to learn how water powers the two cogs.
- Little Tikes use Rotomoulding to build their spiralin seas water table for kids. They claim this improves the strength of their products and protects them from heat and cold as well as improving overall longevity.
- Much easier to put together – you only need to use a few screws for the centre section.
- balls sometimes get stuck in central spiral water play section, but this doesn’t happen often.
3Step 2 Paw Patrol water table for kids
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01K1L1IX0″ locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41CeHLEe6DL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
Click image to view price on Amazon
Why Buy Step 2 Paw Patrol ?
- Fun Paw patrol theme
- BIG water slide to slide characters down
- Easy to construct
Children who enjoy watching Paw Patrol will love this themed water table. The Step 2 Paw Patrol kids water table is excellent and the fun play stations around it allow everyone to get involved. When you turn the handle in the center the paddles in the water create a fun and fast moving current which makes all the floating characters float around the water rapidly. It’s impressive how fast the water can swirl and flow.
The tower houses a slide which you can place your favourite paw patrol character figure on and if you pour water through the top of the tower using one of the scoops provided with this product then they’ll slide quickly down into the water. Be aware that this slide isn’t as elegant as you might like, it’s more of a tumble but your children won’t care they’ll be too busy pouring water into the pool and enjoying themselves.
Included with this Paw Patrol water play table are the plastic character figures; Sky, Marshall and Zuma. This allows kids to create lots of fun water play adventures and really use their imagination and creativity.
Mayday mayday I’m going down shouts Sky as she misjudges a loop the loop and lands in the water. Marshal leaps heroically in to save her but in reality, slips and belly flops into the pool. Zuma the lifeguard saves the day by fighting against the rapid current and dragging them up the slide to safety
I only wish I still had the imagination of a child! Because the possibilities for creating exciting adventures are endless with the Step 2 Paw Patrol water table for kids.
- This step 2 paw patrol water table for toddlers is simple to put together
- Getting the stickers attached straight is a little bit fiddly and even though the river rapid effect is brilliant, it could do with a few more interactive activities.
- it is possible to use this table as a sand and water table but sand can get stuck in the
4Step 2 Wild Whirlpool
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00IGXUSGY” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/51NviO6OLyL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”459″]
Click image to view price on Amazon
Wow! The way the cute Step 2 wild whirlpool for kids features an octopus in the centre is very nicely designed with its curvy purple tentacles reaching into the pool, it really feels realistic and as though it is interacting with your children’s play. For a plastic toy, it is as close as you can get to realistic without some actual tentacles reaching out of the water and tickling your kids!!.
The octopus is an interactive element which when rotated around, moves the tentacles and creates a fun and fast circular current around the water. When water is poured into the big towers funnel it rotates a small water wheel and sprays the water down the slide into the pool.
You receive quite a few items with this kids water table, 4 fish, 2 sea turtles an octopus and a scoop that sprinkles water through the bottom. So if you want to buy a gift for children who love sea animals this is the best water table to choose.
- Be sure to fully insert the plug as it requires a bit more pressure to completely slot in and prevent the water leaking all over your playroom
- The items don’t slot on firmly so be careful as it’s easy to accidentally knock off the items at the edge of the table, however, the Octopus fits nice and firmly into the centre.
5Step 2 Big Splash Waterpark
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B0073A4X58″ locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/51Gx1JmQMZL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0073A4X58″ locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
Get your children ready because the water park games are about to begin! It’s time for a fun day out at the water park where your child makes all the decisions on how much fun the swimmers are going to have. A male and female character are all suited up and ready to experience the green curvy slide or catapult off the diving board attached to the side of the table and into the pool.
Place the characters feet on the footprint signs on the diving board and press down on the other end, the more firmly you press the further the swimmer will fly and the bigger the splash in the pool.
the water park games can begin
The waterwheel is a fun feature very much loved by children who enjoy seeing the wheel spin after filling the green bucket at the top of this tower with water. The fact that this kids water table has lots of open space means that your children will be able to get really creative and the water park games can begin!.
Not all kids play tables have a great ocean theme but the fish murals on the side of this table look good. Although not a main feature they add an extra element of quality to this fun play table.
6Step 2 Water Wheel Table
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B000641DPQ” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/419XVk2qWbL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”493″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B000641DPQ” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
The Step 2 water wheel table is simple and great value for money but still includes some fun features and is very popular with toddlers. The blue colour scheme, along with the two children’s play boats really creates a sense of really having fun at the seaside.
Some children enjoy to splash in the water with their hands or hold a boat and pour water and splash. Others like to sail the boats around and around for hours, while their imagination takes them all around the world’s oceans meeting creatures and all their favourite characters.
- Great for a 20 month year old child
- This product is easy to clean
- The boats don’t float very well so it may be worth buying some other boats to use with this kids water table
7Step 2 Finding Dory Swim And Swirl
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”498″ identifier=”B0193MPOAQ” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/51jA3eGPRLL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B0193MPOAQ” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
Finding Dory is incredibly popular with young children and this toddlers play table is perfectly designed for toddlers who love Finding Dory toys. As soon as children see the finding dory logo and sticker on the side they will be excited to play and you can leave the bath and kitchen sink free of toys for a while.
It is a minimalist table with plenty of space around the whirlpool spinner. We like this feature a lot because there is a realistic looking handle and crank that your child can turn and create ocean waves that make the finding dory toys swimming quickly around the pool.
The included toys can be squeezed and filled with water and squirted out, yes they probably will be squirted at you! But they don’t hold much water and I’m sure you are used to having all sorts of liquids, paints and food splattered in the most unlikely places.
Excited children can then turn the handle and spin the characters round and round the pool
The slide is good fun because Nemo, Dory and Hank the octopus squeezy toys can slide down into the pool below. Excited children can then turn the handle and spin the characters round and round the pool on the ocean current they create.
- A few people said that this table doesn’t hold water properly. Please ensure you push the plug in correctly so it slots into place. It may appear as though it is plugged in but it isn’t until you can see that it’s slotted properly. If your unsure test it with a small amount of water first to make sure you’ve sealed it correctly
8Step 2 Duck pond
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00ID0Y4GK” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/4142DikWSxL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”488″]
click image to view price on amazon
The blue colour and plastic ducks make this look like a pond but this kids water table is much more exciting than an ordinary pond. There is a slide which the ducks can fit on and slide down. However, these ducks are no ordinary ducks, one is wearing an inflatable ring and the other is wearing some sunglasses on its head. I like the attention to detail on the ducks and their large size because children notice the smallest things and this detail will excite them and spark interest.
kids often enjoy it the most
There is a plastic flag included which squirts water and can also be catapulted off a small platform that can make objects fly and splash in the pond. This catapulting platform might seem like a minor detail in this table but kids often enjoy it the most, especially young boys who love to cause trouble and make things fly or create a big splash.
In the centre is a spinning handle which turns and this pond goes from having nice still calm water to being in the midst of a Pacific Ocean storm. The slide can be removed and some children like to play with it elsewhere.
- The slide is at a nice height above the table, which creates enough distance for objects to speed up but is also low enough for toddlers to reach.
- The ducks have a hole in the bottom and don’t float upright if water gets inside
- The slide and platform that the frog is catapulted from can be removed quite easily and they sometimes come off during play
9 Little Tikes Fish N Splash Water Table For Kids
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B00QGSMK8K” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41p7BbyVTL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”442″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B00QGSMK8K” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
Little tikes have created the best water tables for children who love to fish for tadpoles in pools beside the ocean. Now they can have their very own pool in the house where they can practice their fishing skills with the big fishing rod attached to one side of the pool. The rod can be removed and the hooks on the end can be used to attempt to catch the 5 pond animals which have holes in so they can be caught.
It is challenging for toddlers to catch the creatures with the fishing rod and takes some practice. Younger children will struggle to catch them at all but they still like to hold the rod and with a parents helping hand they’ll enjoy catching them, which is a great sense of achievement. At the top of the table is a fish bowl which when filled with water can tip up and allow water to flow down a small slide and onto the central lilypad. This is good fun and kids love to lift it up and see water pour down into the pool.
As is common with a lot of these tables there is a catapult which can be used to catapult creatures into the water table, however, this one is particularly powerful, which is great for toddlers who don’t have much strength yet. However with a little enthusiasm or misjudgement objects will travel much further and faster than you’d expect and this is particularly exciting for troublesome young boys.
10Step 2 Rain Showers Splash Pond
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01K1K0K6M” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/41V2Bu9GpHDL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01K1K0K6M” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
This Kids water table is unique because it has two floors! On the top floor is a pool of water which has holes in the bottom so filling it with water creates rain showers into the pool below. This is a really fun feature; your kids will absolutely love to see it rain. There are three different buckets so kids can all fill the upper pool and make it rain like a tropical storm.
There are lots of different colour combinations on this kids water play table and it works well to give it an exciting and quality look. There are some small drain pipes leading down from the top so some water can filter through them and turn two small cogs. At one end is another cog which is like a water wheel which can also be spun.
There are a lot of moving parts which offer different functions and another exciting catapult platform. There is a lot of room to play and so many features that 3 or 4 children can play at the same time and all be having fun.
- This Kids water play table requires two people to put together and the legs can be tricky to slot into place
- There isn’t a massive amount of theming but the focus is on allowing your children to experiment with the different possibilities for moving cogs, falling water and learning how the funnel drain system works.
11Step 2 Dino Dig Water Table For Kids
[easyazon_image align=”center” height=”500″ identifier=”B01M5DAMBV” locale=”US” src=”https://justifyingfun.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/51FM28SEUeL.jpg” tag=”justifyingfun-20″ width=”500″]
[easyazon_link identifier=”B01M5DAMBV” locale=”US” tag=”justifyingfun-20″]click to view price on amazon[/easyazon_link]
With the Step 2 Dino Dig We are going back in time to the Jurassic age, where T-Rex and his dinosaur friends explored our planet. The first thing you’ll notice about this table is how impressive and finely detailed the theming is. Make sure your children are careful because the volcano is about to erupt and volcanic lava is going to flow down into the pool at the very bottom of the rocks.
At the highest point of the volcano is a pool which can be filled with water that will act as the lava and flow through some channels into two different sides of the water table. In the centre between where the lava flows is a large tropical looking tree which isn’t interactive but your children can place one of the 4 included dinosaurs on top of it or sit them underneath it where they can be protected from your living room sunlight. I don’t think dinosaur strength sun cream is available!.
Some points to consider when looking for the Best Water Tables For Kids
We highly recommend these as being some of the best water tables for kids available in the world and believe they are all great fun for adventurous children. We feel it is important to bullet point some considerations before purchasing
- All the best water tables for toddlers we have reviewed are made of high-quality plastic materials and meet safety requirements, however, please read the guidance and safety notices provided on the product listing and any instructions or safety notices you receive with the products.
- Certain features of these kids water tables aren’t supposed to be attached firmly, instead children are often free to deconstruct some of the larger items. Although this may feel like a frustrating element we believe it is highly important because children often love to reassemble the towers and other elements themselves or with some adult guidance.
- If the table appears to be leaking please check that you have followed the instructions carefully because quite often the plug isn’t slotted correctly into the plug hole even though it may appear to be sometimes it can be inserted further
- The best water tables for toddlers are built to last a long time, but please ensure you keep them covered if outdoors as the elements will lead to a change in colour or cause some wear and tear over time.
- If you experience any issues with a product or missing pieces please contact Amazon or the company directly as in our experience any such issues are resolved quickly
- Certain tables can be used as a sand and water table but beware that sand can sometimes get into the smallest holes and potentially block them
We believe that a lot of children benefit from sensory play in order to recuperate from mental and physical problems and to improve their overall sense of happiness and contentment. Play therapy toys are important for toddlers and children with disabilities, whether they have mental or physical difficulties. All children need to experience play in some form or another.
Children need to develop a sense of touch and the best water tables for kids are a great way of doing this but it is also quite relaxing to have your hands in water, there is a sense of comfort and water can settle and calm children. It seems to ground them in a unique way, perhaps related to children having spent 9 months in the womb floating. We believe these tables are good occupational therapy toys and are some of the best cause and effect toys for special needs. It is also possible for adults with special needs or needing occupational therapy to use these toys to help improve issues with their hands.
The best Water table for kids helps develop a child’s imagination, hand to eye coordination and they are a barrel of laughs too! The only person who might not be justifying this fun quite so much are the parents who are going to be assembling these water tables and getting splashed by excitable, happy children, but we want even them to come round to the idea that these tables aren’t just a silly game they actually benefit your child’s development and a happy child is a plus for all the brilliant family photos you’ll be taking of them playing.
The best water tables for kids allow your kids to learn about how their actions have an effect, for example when they drop something into the water they will learn whether it can float and they’ll see heavier objects sink
As an adult I feel drawn to water, ( yes, even though these products are water tables for kids I still have some fun playing alongside my toddlers) I love its qualities and how it can bring your attention away from the chaos of thought and back into the world of touch and feel. Children experience this phenomenon even more so and water has a mysterious quality. Water doesn’t have edges, it moves and it’s volume increases and decreases and there is an element of excitement when objects disappear beneath the water and you don’t know where they are or where the water ends.
Water introduces the idea to children that not everything is permanent and solid like most toys, water is always changing and flowing into new places. Water is friendly and also potentially unfriendly so the element of uncertainty strengths a child’s resolve and ability to make decisions and take action that will be in their best interests. They learn to not only have a lot of fun in water and bond with it but they also understand why they have to respect water.
The best water tables for kids really encourage creative play and also children can use them for experimentation and to encourage shy kids to participate and improve their social skills with other children.
If your kids love playing with water you might like to read our Inflatable play center review
Also, when it’s bath time make sure you have the best bath toys for toddlers
For more articles for kids click this text